Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunbonnet Sue

This Christmas I am trying to make as many gifts as I can. Each year I try to make more than the previous year. I made doll quilts for Kylie and Abbie. This is Abbie's Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I started the stitching for this quilt at least ten years ago. I found it upstairs and brought it down to look at for a few weeks. Once I made the decision to finish it, it was a lot of fun. I love to embroider. It is put together with simple sashing and buttons instead of quilting. The buttons are from the stash we found in my mother's attic. They belonged to my grandma. I like the idea that something of hers is included in a gift to my granddaughter. It makes me feel close to her.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You did such a beautiful job on this quilt. I clicked on the picture so I could see it close up. Twyla

Denise said...

This is a lovely quilt and one I hope will become a family heirloom
and passed down. How special that you had the buttons!