Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage sewing

Recently I was reminded of my grandma's favorite winter sewing project. For many years my sisters and I received homemade flannel nightgowns from Little at Christmas. I clearly remember a mint green with cream lace on the yolk. These beautiful nightgowns were very roomy and soft. I just loves wearing mine. Today I went through my very small collection of vintage patterns and found these. Each year I make pajama bottoms for my daughters and granddaughters at Christmas time. Next Christmas I think I will make flannel nightgowns instead. I will need to keep looking for patterns in their current sizes and I will also be looking for just the right flannel. I haven't made any thing using vintage patterns yet.I might just start by making one for me this spring. I am really looking forward to this project. I know there are several blogs dedicated to vintage sewing and I want to join as soon as I make my first nightgown.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

What a great idea. I noticed right away that the nightgowns looked roomy. the best part of older patterns - the directions. Todays patterns leave out lots of useful information and assume you know more than they are going to explain.