Sunday, September 12, 2010

Amanda's shower gift





I have been very busy sewing for the past few weeks but I couldn't post anything and this is why. Amanda's baby shower was yesterday and I did not want to take any chances she might look and see what I had been working on. When Heather was pregnant with Lilie and found this adorable fabric at one of my favorite quilt shops, Loving Stitches in Michigan. I was sure she was having a boy. I actually started the quilt but didn't finish it. Later when Amanda told us she was having a boy I called the shop and asked them to send me another three yards of fabric. I was able to finish the quilt and make the pj's for Amanda. But I still wanted more! Jim and I took a trip to Michigan and I found one more yard in the clearance pile. I also found a yard of the girl baby fabric from the same line so I bought that too. Heather saw Amanda's blanket and wants one for Lilie. It is a simple edge crocheted around a yard of flannel. I should have it done in a few weeks. I have a couple things I need to finish first.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a great present! I love the fabric with all the little puppies!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! You're right, you can't stop enjoying life and making new friends because someone else is negative, or fails you in some say. Onward and upward, I say!

Have a great day!
Cheers,
Lisa