Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Merry Christmas

I enjoy all kinds of hand work including needlepoint. A few years ago I took classes in needlepoint and renewed my love of this craft. I can't believe how many stitches you can use on one canvas! And oh the fibers!! One of my favorites is silk in almost any form. I used a lot of silk in this piece. The center is stitched in basketweave, still on of my favorite stitches, and the stripes worked in various stitches. The metallic gold is a chain stitch,  the first time I've worked this on a canvas. I love the old feeling of this piece. I have companion piece that I am working on. I hope to finish it for this Christmas.

4 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Becca this is amazing...i can't believe the time and stitches in this gorgeous creation. Lovely, Renee

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

What a beautiful job you did on that needlepoint. Good for you! I just happened upon your blog and am your newest follower. I love it. All your vintage finds are fabulous, love the patterns and the potholders, and, well, all of them! Nice to meet you. Please come visit me at my new blog, Ric Rac and Polka dots. I hope to see you there!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Becca -- I love everything in your blog! This stitchery is amazing!

-Karen

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I love it! It is just beautiful! Good job!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia