I finished this needle keep a few weeks ago and forgot to post the picture. I used a piece of wool instead of fabric to hold the needles and added a few brass vintage buttons form my stash. I used 36ct. WDW Tin Roof and the fibers listed in the pattern.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
I finished knitting my first sock Friday night. I actually started this one in a class I took last year. I have wanted to knit socks for a long time, but when I didn't finish mine in class I was afraid to complete it on my own. I've been looking at the finished socks on other blogs and was encouraged to finish mine. I have a lot of sock yarn so I can make several pairs using this simple pattern before I try something more complicated. I hope to have the matching sock done along with a second pair by the end of this month. Wish me luck.
Posted by Becca at 3:36 PM
Friday, August 14, 2009
I have been wanting to crochet glass jackets for a long time. This spring I found this crochet cotton in my grandma's stuff and recently Jen gave me these crocheted coasters that match the thread and the glasses I bought at the thrift store. It seems things are coming together for me to make my jackets. I have been looking through old patterns that I've collected and also on the web but haven't found one I like. I want to do something very simple and showcase the thread. I am going to keep looking until I find exactly what I want. I know it's out there waiting for me.
Posted by Becca at 1:11 PM
Sunday, August 9, 2009
I had a very productive week. It was the last week I was able to keep my sewing machine up in Bryce's bedroom.(He came home from camp yesterday). I was able to finish two quilt tops, one that I've been working on for a few years and this new one. I bought the fabric for this one last weekend and did a very simple four patch.I wanted to keep it simple and showcase the cute fabric. I haven't made too many boy quilts and it was a nice change to work with these colors. Next month I will make a girl quilt using duck fabric from my stash. Yes, we are expecting grandchild no. 3 in March. I will post pictures of the other quilt later this week.
I finished Miss Mary Mack earlier this month. I used hand dyed fabric from my stash and black silk thread also from my stash. I am going to put it in a simple black frame.
Posted by Becca at 7:03 PM